This month's book is "How to do Nothing" by Jenny Odell
Hear Jenny talk about this topic on Adam Conover's (absolutely fantastic) podcast!
For our next book, we read "12 Rules for Life" by Jordan B. Peterson.
Join us as we continue to ask some of the quick hit questions posed to us over the past couple of years. The questions in this one are:
- Do you check the social media of people that work for you?
- How do you feel about visible piercings or tattoos on your employees? Does it matter if they talk to customers?
- Is it every okay to leave without 2 weeks' notice?
- Would you ever take a job you have absolutely no experience with?
- How important is grammar or typos in a resume or cover letter or whatever?
- How long should it take to get up to speed at a new job?
Don't forget to join us as we discuss "How to do Nothing" by Jenny Odell later this week!
Over the past several years, we've accumulated numerous questions that probably aren't big enough to support an entire episode on their own, so, we bundled a bunch together and rocket through them in this two-part episode! The questions in this one are:
- How do you feel about start times/end times or set schedules?
- I am planning to quit my job, when do I tell my co-workers? Before or after my boss?
- Do you let your company put their software on your phone?
- Is it ever okay to say "if this happens I'll quit"?
- I like my job but hate a coworker, is it okay to just tell my boss that?
- Is it possible to be as successful as a remote worker as a local one?
As promised, pictures of Dawn and her husband next to a tower!
Catch us next episode as we finish up the next set of short questions, and don't forget to read Jenny Odell's "How to do Nothing" along with us!